10 Mart 2012 Cumartesi

Was Shakespeare a Fraud?

Just watched "Anonymous"; the movie which follows the theory that it was in fact Edward De Vere, Earl of Oxford, who penned Shakespeare's plays and Shakespeare was nothing but a "merely player". Sincerely, I always had a big doubt about William Shakespeare; his greatness and genius would just bother me, I did not want to accept that it was fair for one person to have accomplished so many works each having a great artistic value. Yet, proving him a complete fraud, even in fiction was a heart-break. 
It did not however tear down my innocent belief which was hidden deep down my soul -somewhere beneath my jealousy- that kept its faith in the existence of pure intelligence. The name William Shakespeare might be nothing but a shell, still there lies a genius beneath. 
So whoever is for real:
Though our story is at an end, our poet's is not; for his monument is everliving. Not of stone but of verse. And it shall be remembered. As long as words are made of breath. And breath of life.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder